System capacity

Brian Lewis test at NEXTMILL.NET
Tue Dec 14 00:12:24 GMT 2004

Hardware:
   MailScanners: 3 X Athlon XP 2400+, 512 MB RAM Each, 10gb hard drives
each
   MySQL/Cached Named Server : 1 x Athlon XP 2100+, 512mb RAM, 10gb Hard
Drive
Software: Red Hat Fedora Core 2, Sendmail, SpamAssassin 3.x, ClamAV .80,
Pyzor, DCC, Razor2, MailWatch
          Caching Named on separate server with MySQL
RBLs: None in MTA, None in MailScanner, All in SpamAssassin
Virus Scanners: ClamAV 0.80
Volume: 200,000 messages/day (Each Scanner does roughly 66,000 messages a
day)
Load : average 2-4, sometimes higher depending on time of day
Notes: I probably don't expect any more out of this setup, I'll need to
add a 4th scanner
to handle more load.  My other idea was to implement RBLDNSD and run the
RBL lookups locally which I think will increase my capacity.
Filtering for about 60 domains to about 20 different target mailservers
using Sendmail MailerTable