procmailrc question

Marcel Blenkers marcel-ml at IRC-ADDICTS.DE
Mon Dec 13 16:40:49 GMT 2004

Hi there,

> I am currently running MailScanner with SpamAssassin 3.0.1 on Red Hat Linux
> 3.0 as my primary mail server for about 2,000 PCs  with great results.
> I have some experience with Linux.  I am working with Linux more.
> My question is would using procmailrc be a benefit to SPAM filtering along
> with MailScanner and SpamAssassin or is it for sorting email?  I don't need
> to sort the email I am just interested in good SPAM filtering.

i am using your idea ;)

Why?

Somehow some of my mails slip through MS and i don´t know why..
So at least the SA called via global procmailrc catches the bad stuff..

but..

as i installed the RulesDuJour-Script from fls (see the archive for more
info) it moved my global local.cf, which was in /etc/mail/spamassassin,
and so the options within this cf are gone too :(

But i don´t want the user to get their own rules, as some of them do not
have a shell on the maschine..(ok..i do have one..but that should be clear
;)

Now i copied the local.cf from old_cf_files, which was generated with the
install-script, back to the upper dir..i hope now everything will work
fine..with my options ;)

Greetings

Marcel