sendmail / spamassassin services

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Dec 10 21:41:04 GMT 2004

Andy Norris wrote:
> Dec 10 15:38:28 tireswing spamc[6529]: connect() to spamd at 127.0.0.1
> failed, retrying (1/3): Connection refused
>
> Should I just ignore this? Is it working okay?

Spamc is the client part of spamd. Find what is running spamc and stop
it. What software other than MS and SA do you have on the server? Do you
run procmail? I have seen Linux systems come with SA configured to
filter mail for Mozilla and other mail clients.

Sorry for not reading all your posts but I'll take a guess and assume
you have an RPM system. If you can't solve it, remove the SA RPMs and
build new ones from SA source (spec file is included).

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun