inconsistent SPF warning

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Fri Dec 10 03:42:24 GMT 2004

Matt Kettler wrote:

> At 02:55 PM 12/9/2004, Julian Field wrote:
>
>> How, in the SA 3.0 API, do I stop it from unloading
>> spam.assassin.prefs.conf after each message? Or, if I can't do that, how
>> do I make it re-read it? I would obviously rather do the former.
>

> I'm looking at the code now. Looking at spamd, they use SpamAssassin.pm's
> copy_config() to save, then later restore the base configuration, so I
> *think* MailScanner is safe on this, but I'm not sure if there's no
> clearing of the conf object after it's been used...
>
> However, it's still worth testing if anybody who uses SA 3.0 can...

I have custom scores for some tests in spam.assassin.prefs.conf and they
don't revert to default scores after the first message.  Is this an
adequate test?

Alternatively, maybe MailScanner should just pass the header
"X-Envelope-From" at the top of the message (if it hasn't already been
added by the MTA).  Then the configuration parameter
"envelope_sender_header" would not be needed.  You don't have to tell SA
to use "X-Envelope-From", it already knows.  Or avoid the whole issue
and tell people to get their MTA to add the appropriate header, as
recommended by the SA docs.
Mark Nienberg