inconsistent SPF warning

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Wed Dec 8 22:00:22 GMT 2004

At 01:48 PM 12/8/2004, Mark Nienberg wrote:
> > Mark Nienberg wrote:
> >
> >> It appeared that SA wasn't always using the value of
> >> "envelope_sender_header".  (I assume MailScanner really does pass the
> >> correct value to SA, because I'm pretty sure Julian is infallible).
> >

> > It uses the "Envelope From Header" from your MailScanner.conf, which by
> > default is "X-MailScanner-From". And it puts it as the first header in
> > what is passed to SA, so that SA trusts it.
> >
>Yes.  After which SA apparently sometimes chooses to use an address form
>some other header instead.

Something worth testing might be to move the envelope_sender_header setting
out of spam.assassin.prefs.conf and into local.cf.

It could be that some of the new spamd semantics that reset the user_prefs
after each message might be tripping up MailScanner. If it happened,the
result would be that a given MailScanner child only uses the
spam.assassin.prefs.conf for the first message it handles, then reverts to
local.cf only until it was killed and respawned.