Measuring spare capacity

Wed Dec 8 09:42:11 GMT 2004

Hi

Do you have duplicate test system to 'play with'?

That way you can do some repeatable tests with the same emails to
measure trip points etc.

I've done performance related issues one other system (Solaris/RDBMS's
mainly) but not Linux or heavy MailScanner stuff.

the MRTG stuff will only to show 5 min peaks and averages when you
really need something a little more granular.

If you want to take this off list for a bit we can chat...

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

the system manager.