MIMEDefang's action_bounce()

Dan Ferreira sendmail at vemconcursos.com
Tue Dec 7 15:44:32 GMT 2004

Hi all,

Is there a MailScanner equivalent to MIMEDefang's action_bounce()?

action_bounce() rejects an email at the SMTP level, that is, it sends
a 5xx error to the SMTP client/relay instead of normally accepting
responsability for delivering the email. That way your server doesn't
have to waste resources sending a bounce or rejection email to the
sender, because it's now the SMTP client/relay's responsability.

Another question: I have MailScanner + Sendmail installed and I REALLY
need this feature. If this can't be done with MailScanner alone, are
there any known problems to using MIMEDefang + MailScanner + Sendmail?

I couldn't find anything on action_bounce or SMTP bounce in the
mailing list archives, so any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks.

--
Dan Ferreira