best MailScanner configuration?

Steve Campbell campbell at cnpapers.com
Tue Dec 7 14:41:48 GMT 2004

With reference to the DNS RBL thing:

I run Tao Linux on my system, which had, by default, Net::DNS 0.31
installed. I believe the install.sh tries to install something like Net::DNS
0.48. The output of the install script suggests, if I recall, that you can
ignore error messages during that phase of the installation. My upgrade of
Net::DNS did fail due to the Win32 stuff not being installed. I did not see
any of the RBL junk being tagged. When you run the spamassassin --lint
stuff, though there is a line that indicates spamassassin requires at least
Net::DNS 0.34.

I found on the internet somewhere the Net::DNS 0.34 rpm and installed it.
This does not require the Win32 stuff as a prerequisite. RBLs started
working after this (along with all the other stuff being done like the
init.pre file being moved, etc).

Thought I would just pass this along.

Steve Campbell
campbell at cnpapers.com