Double Extension Permission

Randal, Phil prandal at HEREFORDSHIRE.GOV.UK
Tue Dec 7 13:12:03 GMT 2004

The problem is Microsoft's insane file extension hiding.  Apart from
being a simple exploit vector (e.g. abc.txt.exe with a default "text"
icon), it also confuses end users when they create documents.  So here
we see loads of xyz.doc.doc and xyz.dot.doc files flying past.

I'll believe that Microsoft takes security seriously if and only if it
issues patches to permanently disable that misfeature.

Cheers,

Phil

----
Phil Randal