Double Extension Permission

Ed Bruce ebruce at HPMICH.COM
Mon Dec 6 16:08:29 GMT 2004

    [ The following text is in the "ISO-8859-2" character set. ]

Marcin Ro¿ek wrote:

> Thom Paine wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to allow this site to accept these types of documents?
>> Currently everything gets stripped off.
>
> Remove or comment a line in filename.rules.conf that is described as
> "Deny all other double file extensions. This catches any hidden
> filenames."
>
> btw - is this really should be turned on by default? I mean, if a
> virus sends
> its copy as eg. document.doc.pif, i will be blocked because of having
> .pif
> extension...
> Just my thought...

I think this site has a good explanation why you want to stop most
double extensions:

http://www.cknow.com/vtutor/vtextensions.htm

--
Ed Bruce

--
This message, including any attachments, is intended solely for the use
of the named recipients(s) and may contain confidential and/or

Thank you for your cooperation.

Secure Resource, and is believed to be clean.