Major features?

Ugo Bellavance ugob at CAMO-ROUTE.COM
Mon Dec 6 02:53:14 GMT 2004

> Current list looks like this. I think the blank line is very necessary.
>
> - protects the enterprise against virus, trojan and "phishing" attacks
>  from outside and inside

-- When in gateway mode, it won't prevent viruses from spreading on
through the internal server, though.

-- I would add "HTML-specific attacks" or "client-side vulnerabilities
attacks"

> - virtually eliminates spam using a wide range of techniques, including
>  SpamAssassin, DCC, Razor and Pyzor
> - screens out pornography and other malware attacks
> - used by US Navy and US Army, UCLA, Harvard, MIT, Siemens, HP and tens
> of thousands
>  of other sites
> - highly scalable, the largest known site filters 11 million messages
> per day on 1 server

-- Really?  What kid of machine is that?

> - professional installation and support contracts available for
> commercial users
>
> - supports all major servers including sendmail, postfix, qmail and others
> - no rework of your mail system configuration required to use or remove
> MailScanner
> - available for all popular Linux and Unix platforms
> - available online free of charge - over 350,000 downloads!!!
> - full source code available for security audit
> - manage using multiple whitelists, blacklists and customized rules
> - quarantine suspicious mail

-- I'd add something about quarantine management, through MailWatch or
the other interface.

> - content and attachment filtering - highly configurable

I'd put "highly configurable" on its own line.