Postfix, mailwatch and queue IDs (and of course mailscanner:-)

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Fri Dec 3 12:42:38 GMT 2004

Julian,

I've been running this patch to Postfix.pm on the new, not
"misconfigured" server (running 4.35.11 ATM, will upgrade RSN) for
a week now.
It is still totally problem-free, and during this time it has "saved
me" from 4 diplicates in 8794 messages (just goes to show the effect of
having /var/spool "separated" from /var:-).

I noted it isn't present in 4.36.4... Could it (pretty-please) go into
at least the next beta? All users of Postfix and MailWatch (or similar
tool) in conjunction with MS would benefit from it.

Kind regards

-- Glenn (still waiting eagerly for the book to arrive... Perhaps a
nice Xmas surprise:-)