Rule to block spoofed email

Steen, Glenn Glenn.Steen at AP1.SE
Thu Dec 2 08:59:03 GMT 2004

One solution would be to check this in your MTA, if it has the
capability.
Since I use postfix I do this for the SMTP conversation via a
smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_mynetworks,
             check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/deny_domain_spoof
... and in /etc/postfix/deny_domain_spoof I've simply put
mydomain.tld DISCARD
... which might seem a bit harsh, but is rather effective. One could
perhaps
do something similar for the header, but that's rather more tricky...

-- Glenn