/var/mail filling up

Dave Filchak dfilchak at SYMPATICO.CA
Thu Dec 2 06:58:40 GMT 2004

Hi Mike,

Well, I do not offer IMAP to very many of my users. Just a few and they
are no problem because they know what they are doing. However, the
problem accounts are POP3 accounts and it seems I have a few people who
get a ton of mail, have their accounts set to not download from the
server, MAY have their account (or perhaps not) to delete from server
when the trash is emptied, but then they never empty the trash. I could,
I suppose, email each of them and get them to set their email accounts
up they I would like them AND get them to empty the trash, but I know it
will happen again.

I might move the spool and symlink as I have another directory that
would be suitable. Although I will certainly reconsider this the next
time a build a machine.

Yes I pruned the quarantine today. Duh ... for some reason I thought
that MailScanner deleted files in the quarantine older than say 30 days
or some other configurable time. I guess I was wrong. Did it manually today.

Thanks Mike as always.

Dave