Kaspersky 5.0.4.0

Paul Houselander - SME housey at SME-ECOM.CO.UK
Wed Dec 1 09:15:59 GMT 2004

Hi

Im using kaspersky 5.0.4.0 with MailScanner version 4.35.11 on Fedora
Core 2.

I set

Virus Scanners = kaspersky

in MailScanner.conf but the virus scanner does not get called. I sent the
test eicar virus and it only got blocked due to filename/type checking.

I checked virus.scanners.conf and the path is correct /opt/kav, I also
ran

/usr/lib/MailScanner/kaspersky-wrapper /opt/kav /tmp

from the command line and the scanner was called and worked.

Now if I change

Virus Scanners = kaspersky-4.5

in MailScanner.conf the virus scanner is called and detects the eicar
virus? The path in virus.scanners.conf is also /opt/kav

Not a major prob as I can just set to kaspersky-4.5 but was a little
concerned, is there anything ive done wrong?

I saw some mention on the list of getting it to work with the kaspersky
daemon? has anyone got this working - point me to some instructions?

Thanks

Paul