MailScanner is starvation

XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXX alexn at teleserv.ru
Fri Aug 27 12:25:53 IST 2004

Çäðàâñòâóéòå, greyhair.

Âû ïèñàëè 27 àâãóñòà 2004 ã., 8:24:33:

g> I'm no expert put the error is coming from MailScanner/PFDiskStore.pm

g> [--snip--]
g> MailScanner::Log::WarnLog("In Start didn't find a C record when I ".
g>                                "wanted one %s %s", $type, $data)
g>        unless $type eq 'C';
g> [--snip--]

g> Is there any additional info after "Aug 24 13:21:38 mail
g> MailScanner[17800]: In Start didn't find a C record when I wanted
g> one"?  ie. What is the next line.
nothing. :(

g> This to me (again no expert) looks to be an IO type failure.

g> How many emails are going thru this server?
50-60 mails in day, maby
g> Did you have the same problem with earlier versions of MailScanner?
No, i had not. Most likely this problem in last version???
g> What is the space available in the queue area? (var/spool area(df
g> command?))
There is a lot of space.
g> Just trying to help.

g> greyhair

g> Íîâîæåíèí Àëåêñàíäð Àíäðååâè÷ wrote:
>> Hi. Íîâîæåíèí.

>> of course

>> Linux RH.7.3

>> Postfix -  last version.

>> 4.32.5

>> Yea, MailScanner is stoped when somebody send message without some "C
>> record". What is this???

>>>Hello!
>>>
>>>Please help, whats happend, MailScanner is starvation, and then do
>>>it nothing.
>>>
>>>---cut here log---
>>>Aug 24 13:21:37 mail MailScanner[17800]: Spam Checks: Found 1 spam messages
>>>Aug 24 13:21:38 mail MailScanner[17800]: Requeue: 7DD1F27BEC to 79596379DB
>>>Aug 24 13:21:38 mail MailScanner[17800]: In Start didn't find a C record when I wanted one
>>>---cut here log---
>>>
>>>Thanks.

g> 'leave mailscanner' in the body of the email.
g> Before posting, read the MAQ (http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/) and
g> the archives (http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html).

--
Ñ óâàæåíèåì,