Quarantine ponderings

Mark Lowes hamster at KORENWOLF.NET
Fri Aug 27 11:47:33 IST 2004

I'm looking at the quarantine facility in MailScanner at the moment,
however there are a couple of things which I can't see which I'll need
to allow it to interact with other systems I'm planning / performance
needs.

Hashing the directory structure, the current

        $spool-dir/quarantine/date/spoolid/

format will hit some performance issues on the sorts of numbers of files
I'm going to be seeing through the system, is there a way of using the
rules system to break this down further into something like

        $spool-dir/quarantine/date/spoolid/<something>/<something>/

or
        $spool-dir/quarantine/date/<hour>/<minute>/spoolid/

The other problem is that unless I use the actual postfix spool file
there appears to be no mechanism for keeping the smtp envelope
information.  Any ideas?

        thanks
            Mark

--