IPBlock question

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Aug 26 16:28:31 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hello Julian,

I use IPBlock and like it a lot.  I would like to be warned when a host
is blocked.

We have setup syslog to send us every hour all critical messages.  I
looked into MS but it does not want to issue "crit" syslog messages.

I tried the following modification to the IPBlock code:
    MailScanner::Log::InfoLog("IPBlock: Adding block for %s", $ip);
    # Added DB 20040826
    MailScanner::Log::LogText("IPBlock: Adding block for $ip", 'crit');

Do you believe this will work?  I restarted MS and got no error message
but I was not sure if it would also log the message as critical.

Thanks again for saving our users from the bad guys!

Denis

--
   _
  °v°   Denis Beauchemin, analyste