Mailscanner doesn't add charset when adding signature

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Thu Aug 26 14:14:07 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Julian Field wrote:

> Have you seen this option:
>
> # What character set do you want to use for the attachment that
> # replaces viruses (VirusWarning.txt)?
> # The default is "us-ascii" but if you speak anything other than
> # English, you will probably want "ISO-8859-1" instead.
> # This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
> Attachment Encoding Charset = us-ascii
>
> Does it help you at all?

Actually, I had to rewrite my signature so it would not contain any
accented character because this (which I have set to "ISO-8859-1")
doesn't help if you just sign messages and you don't have to add the
viruswarning.txt file.

The email charset is applied to the signature.  When that carset is
incompatible with my "ISO-8859-1" characters, the results are pretty
useless.

Denis

--
   _