Cool SpamAss hold and deliver feature, can we implement that in MailScanner

Kai Schaetzl maillists at CONACTIVE.COM
Thu Aug 26 13:31:49 IST 2004

Garry Glendown wrote on         Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:25:38 +0200:

> I "fixed" that with a PHP script ... together with the
> quarantine-information that MS sends to the recipient, I send a link to
> the PHP script, identifying the mails by the date and the queue ID
> (which should be relatively safe).

But this implies that you send a mail for each quarantined spam. The
objective is to avoid sending dozens or hundreds of notification mails to
users but send only a report x times a day to the final target user (no
matter what the email address is).

> If MS had an option "archive" that would store the queue files of a mail
> in an extra directory (just like the quarantine), then add date, sender,
> recipient and subject to a database table (like, e.g., MySQL; could even
> be done by a shell call to allow for arbitrary backends, but that would
> add to resource usage). A simple web frontend or script could then
> generate an overview easily, and allow interactive downloads or
> re-queues of the specified messages.

That all exists: Mailwatch and the MailScanner quarantine. I already
mentioned it. It just doesn't have a scheduled report system and a release
system via mail.

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany