Mailscanner and server load

Thu Aug 26 09:39:48 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Hi

surbl of pretty good at keeping the load DOWN, especially in comparison
to the fixed rules lists it replaced (bigevil etc).

Have you got a local DNS server (caching or normal) running on this
machine? If not I heavily suggest you install a caching name server on
the MailScanner box.

Also what extra SA rules have you got installed???

--
Martin Hepworth
Snr Systems Administrator

kfliong wrote:
> I have just implemented SURBL. Server load shot up and stays around 30
> making websites unaccessable. I have now edited SURBL to only check on
> SPAMCOP_URI_RBL. I have disabled the other 3. Now my load averages around
> 12. This is still quite high.
>
> BTW, after some monitoring using "top", I notice that my system is quite
> RAM intensive. But "top" can't tell for sure. What other tools can I use to
> see whether the highload is due to lots of disk accesses (due to not having
> enough RAM).
>
> At 03:26 PM 26/8/2004, you wrote:

the system manager.