version information.

Mark Nienberg mark at TIPPINGMAR.COM
Tue Aug 24 01:23:57 IST 2004

On 23 Aug 2004 at 15:48, JD wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a couple of questions I want to throw out for the sake of discussion.
> I have Sophos v3.80. Has anyone heard of them cutting off virus definitions
> like symantec and mcafee have been known to do if you don't renew a
> subscription?

They don't cut off virus definitions for you specifically, but if you don't renew then you
can't download the latest sophos engine, and they don't provide virus signatures for
engines more than 3 months old.

If you update the engine automatically every month using MajorSophos, and allow it
to e-mail the results to you, you will know if the engine download didn't work.
Presumably, you would then have two more months to work out your problem before
any problem showed up with MailScanner not being able to download new
signatures.

http://www.tippingmar.com/majorsophos

--
Mark W. Nienberg, SE