version information.

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Tue Aug 24 00:17:12 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
JD wrote:
> It seems that the mailscanner install faq's lean towards using
> sophos. Any reason why its preferred? and how important is it really to
> update mailscanner itself?
> wheres my version of mailscanner listed anyway?

It's "preferred" because Julian uses it himself. That's why you find
more documentation about it. And that it can be used in two different
ways so twice the documentation because of that. All scanners are
treated equal by the software, no difference there. You should always
run Clam and if you use Linux you can add Bitdefender too.

Read the changelog on the web site now and then. It's easy to decide if
you need an upgrade.

The most recent version can be run with -v and will print version info
for MS and the needed perl modules. Otherwise you can check your logs,
every time a child starts it prints the version.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun