Help Understanding FAQ Answer

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 23 18:11:15 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 17:43 23/08/2004, you wrote:
>I need to disable checking for HTML forms from a specific email address
>while still performing all other tests on said email address.  Any chance
>someone can give me a step-by-step?

In MailScanner.conf, set

         Allow Script Tags = %rules-dir%/allow.script.rules

In /etc/MailScanner/rules/allow.script.rules, put

From:   specific at address.com    yes
FromOrTo:       default no

Then restart or reload MailScanner with
         service MailScanner reload
or
         service MailScanner restart

Read up about rulesets in the MAQ (address at the bottom of every list
posting), they are very powerful.
--
Julian Field