Any success getting vexira running with mailscanner

Brent Bolin brentbolin at HOTMAIL.COM
Fri Aug 20 21:02:13 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Are the paths for vexira correct in the virus.scanner.conf file?
Have you changed any of the permissions settings for the work dir in
mailScanner.conf.  Does vexira drop priviledges when running as root
(this could cause permissions problems)?
If all else fails try hacking the vexira wrapper script to redirect the
output to a file (try redirecting stdout and stderr to different files,
this should at least show what it is doing) - don't forget to undo the
changes after!

Paths in virus.scanner.conf look correrct.

Don't know what the permissions should be.

Vexira shows it running as root.

How do hack the wrapper ?

There was a symlink created when I install vexira.

/usr/lib/Vexira/vexira --> /usr/bin/vexira but I removed it.

Remember clamav works fine.

btb