MS reports not being sent to users

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Thu Aug 19 18:13:38 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Eduardo Almeida wrote:
> The problem was the Deliver Cleaned Messages. My client asked me to not
> send any cleaned or disinfected message. The comments in the conffile
> should include this, don't you think?

But it is in the comment:

# Do you want to deliver messages once they have been cleaned of any
# viruses?
# By making this a ruleset, you can re-create the "Deliver From Local"
# facility of previous versions.
Deliver Cleaned Messages = yes

The definition of cleaned vs. disinfected can be found here:

# Should I attempt to disinfect infected attachments and then deliver
# the clean ones. "Disinfection" involves removing viruses from files
# (such as removing macro viruses from documents). "Cleaning" is the
# replacement of infected attachments with "VirusWarning.txt" text
# attachments.
# Less than 1% of viruses in the wild can be successfully disinfected,
# as macro viruses are now a rare occurrence. So the default has been
# changed to "no" as it gives a significant performance improvement.
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
Deliver Disinfected Files = no

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun