OT: Sendmail issues with MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN

Anders Andersson, IT anders.andersson at LTKALMAR.SE
Thu Aug 19 16:26:09 IST 2004

HI
Sorry to bother you but after 2 hoours on the net and complaint from
usersyou are my last resort before a downgrade of sendmail
Running Fedora C2 with sendmail sendmail-8.12.11-4.6

Im getting loads of this in my log and cant figure out why:
Aug 19 17:16:47 ns2 sendmail[30108]: i7JEGk4c030108:
host-207-254-243-131.classicnet.net [207.254.243.131] did not issue
MAIL/EXPN/VRFY/ETRN during connection to MTA

If it only was spam senders I wouldnt mind but even companies that I would
excpect to have a correct MTA get it. We still managed to recieve about 7000
mail today so Im very confused who to blame. I cant figure out if its me or
fedora c2 thats screwed or if its some of the companies that dont follow
some RFC....

I cant find anything to help me on the web so if anyone got a clue pls help
or I just have to downgrade my sendmail

/Anders