MS reports not being sent to users

Matt Kettler mkettler at EVI-INC.COM
Thu Aug 19 16:04:15 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 10:56 AM 8/19/2004, Eduardo Almeida wrote:
>Quarantine Infections = yes
>Quarantine Silent Viruses = no
>Quarantine Whole Message = yes
>Quarantine Whole Messages As Queue Files = yes

Hmm, I suspect there's your setting... when MailScanner quarantines the
whole message, there's no message to the recipient left.

Normally, MS just yanks the infected attachment, and adds the warning, and
sends the message along.

Someone more knowledgable than me can possibly step in and correct me, but
I don't think there's a setting that changes this. It's almost like you'd
need a "notify recipients of quarantined messages" option.

However, that seems a bit silly.. if you're going to notify them, why
quarantine the whole message? Why not just quarantine the dangerous parts
and let the rest through?