Scan options for clamscan or other AV

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Aug 19 09:47:39 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
Julian Field wrote:
> At 19:36 18/08/2004, you wrote:
>> Does mailscanner use clamscan with options(clamscan -m) or does this
>> need to
>> be put in the clamscan wrapper file ?
>>
>> /usr/local/libexec/MailScanner/clamav-wrapper
>> ScanOptions="-m"
>>
>> or even if I was to use vexira
>> ScanOptions="--scan-in-mbox" >
 >
 > If you leave it alone, you will find it works just fine. You don't
need to
 > go editing my code :-)

As an aside to this, can I ask why the virus scanner options are all
bundled together in SweepViruses.pm? I sometimes use the sophos-wrapper
as a way of checking whether recent updates detect things that got
missed before the update was released (if that makes sense!) However, I
realised the other day that by default, sophos-wrapper doesn't check in
zip files for example, whereas when it's called by SweepViruses it's
given the options to open archives.

It's not a big deal - just wondered whether keeping all the a-v specific
stuff in a file specific to that a-v might make more sense that having
it spread about?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"