ETRN support in MailScanner required

Jan-Peter Koopmann Jan-Peter.Koopmann at SECEIDOS.DE
Mon Aug 16 06:33:20 IST 2004

> What I wanted to avoid was the "WARNING: Message
> undeliverable after 4 hours" etc messages which esmtp would
> do. With dsmtp, the mail sits there forever until the primary

But why? This message is there for a good reason. If one of your MTAs is
taking the message, the sender must think the message has reached you.
If it is urgent a few hours can make a difference. But as Leif has
pointed out: Would it not be simpler to change the intervals in which
your secondary MX writes those mails?

Regards,
  JP