MailScanner Cause server load high

Michele Neylon :: Blacknight Solutions michele at BLACKNIGHTSOLUTIONS.COM
Sun Aug 15 10:58:55 IST 2004

> If hes gotten hit by a dictionary attack, by a zilion IP's
> then its normal, we have seen situations like that more then
> once...

Agreed, however we monitor all our servers closely. If we see a situation
like this arising we take preventative action and start shutting down extra
services, blocking IP blocks etc.,

We used to see higher loads, but we have implemented as many tweaks to our
setup as possible in order to speed up scanning and reduce load.

Mr Michele Neylon
Blacknight Internet Solutions Ltd
http://www.blacknight.ie/
Tel. +353 59 9137101