Add things to the Solaris distribution?

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Sat Aug 14 14:58:00 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
David Vosburgh wrote:
> Yes, please.  We use fast/cheap Linux system for incoming mail, but
> still use our old/slow Sparc systems for outgoing mail.  The Linux MS
> install has spoiled me forever...

No offence but I think you misunderstood what Julian meant. He's
suggesting adding stuff the RPM dist doesn't contain either, like Clam
and SpamAssassin.

The new way of installing the tar dist is already simple and when it
comes to upgrading I like the power of having the system running while
I'm preparing the upgrade and if something still goes wrong I can switch
back in a second by moving the symlink. That's not possible with the RPM
dist even though it's slightly easier with reports, rules and stuff. Not
much though since you still have to diff your files with the rpmnew ones.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun