Antivir and Clam patches

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 13 17:56:54 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
There appears to be some confusion over the 2 patches I recently issued,
one for support of the new version of Antivir and one for better RAR
support for a very recent RAR format with ClamAV.

Attached to this message is a patch file for SweepViruses.pm which applies
both patches.
When you apply the patch, it may say the one of the patches is already
applied, in which case skip that one and just apply the other one.

cd /usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner
patch < SweepViruses.pm.clam-antivir.patch

Then completely stop and restart MailScanner.

Please let me know if
1) This patch makes Clam spot the new RAR format properly
and/or
2) Support for the new Antivir now works properly.

At 10:59 13/08/2004, you wrote:
>On Fri, 13 Aug 2004, Dörfler Andreas wrote:
> > the sweepviruses.pm.patch ?
> > the file from
> >
> http://www.heise.de/security/dienste/emailcheck/demos/go.shtml?mail=rar_mit_
> > eicar
> > still passes ms and clamd without getting blocked
> >
> > but looks like it´s a problem from clamav ...
> >
> > ProcessClamAVOutput: unrecognised line "/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
> > /5297/./i7D8XaSe006363/eicar.rar: RAR module failure". Please contact the
> > authors!

You will still get some of this output, but it should detect the virus in
the RAR file. You will need to have told the clamav-wrapper script to use
the external unrar command.

--
Julian Field