Problem with sendmail and spamhaus

David Hooton david.hooton at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 12 10:47:29 IST 2004

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 17:31:06 +0800, kfliong <kfliong at wofs.com> wrote:
> Yes, I do use BigEvil script for spamassassin.

Get rid of it and install SURBL - www.surbl.org bigevil.cf is no
longer a production config as it's outgrown the practical limitations
of most machines.

> Here is my specs and you tell me if there's something wrong with my system.
>
> - Intel P3 1GHz
> - 512mb RAM
> - Around 12 sites but only 2 are really active
> - Very little user base for email around 50
> - around 30,000 incoming mails per day of where 94% are spams

Your box is probably underspec'd for that that volume, I would suggest
at least 1 Gig of RAM.

Running SBL at the MTA level is a pretty good start to removing some
additional load, SBL-XBL is probably not ideal however as it does list
dynamic IP's as you've noticed.

XBL can be added as a spamassassin rule, this is very easy to work out
with a quick google.
--
Regards,

David Hooton