Possible message corruption doing hold queue access...

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Wed Aug 11 22:11:53 IST 2004

Smart,Dan wrote:
> I'm doing some research and evaluation of using MailScanner with
> Postfix and SpamAssassin.  I am concerned that the primary author of
> Postfix recommends against using MailScanner since it reads the hold
> queue file directly instead of using the LMTP protocol as amavis-new
> does.
>
> Does anyone have any opinions on the likelihood of message
> corruption, and the pros and cons of MailScanner in comparison to
> amavis-new?

Lots of posts about that - check the archive.  There was a bunch just last
week or the week before as a matter of fact...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator 155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500