SPF

Hirsh, Joshua joshua.hirsh at PARTNERSOLUTIONS.CA
Tue Aug 10 20:06:08 IST 2004

> 2. MailScanner gets message from Sendmail, passes message to SpamAssassin
> for processing. SpamAssassin checks SPF records, assign arbitrary negative
> number (say, -2.0) if SPF records check out ok, otherwise process as
usual.

 Personally, I wouldn't assign a negative value to any email with a proper
SPF record. It's still very easy for a spammer to setup a domain and publish
SPF records that make all addresses valid. If that happened, the message
would hit your server and possibly make it through unscathed because of the
added negative value..

-Joshua

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk