MailScanner will not process mail

Debbie Odle debbie at DCWEBSERV.COM
Sun Aug 8 18:24:45 IST 2004

No, I don't see anything really in any of the other logs.  During the
time that MailScanner was starting up, the following is from the
messages log:
Aug  8 10:28:14 jamesbond sendmail: sendmail shutdown succeeded
Aug  8 10:28:14 jamesbond sendmail: sm-client shutdown failed
Aug  8 10:29:20 jamesbond MailScanner:  succeeded
Aug  8 10:49:27 jamesbond last message repeated 3 times
Aug  8 10:49:46 jamesbond last message repeated 8 times

I did check in /var/run before I started MailScanner to make sure there
was no pid file in there for the sm-client and checked the status of
sendmail as well.  All was fine.

I'm not sure what you are looking for as far as "hardware specs"...We
are on a Linux box running RedHat 9, sendmail version is 8.12.8,
MailScanner version is 4.32.5-1, I have also loaded ClamAV 0.75.1.

Everything does seem to be running OK now, though.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk