High Score bounce in mailscanner-4.30.3-2

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Thu Aug 5 23:18:02 IST 2004

Idan Plotnik wrote:
> I told you, because this is the customer organization policy.
>
> BTW, I made an upgrade to MailScanner 4-32-5.1 and I can't configure
> this feather either :(
> Please help me if you can.

Idan,

It sounds like it's more of a customer education policy than a technical
issue.  Perhaps someone here knows of a good, simple explanation on the web
somewhere that Idan could share with his customers?  It's easy for us to
realize why it's a bad policy to bounce spam, especially high scoring spam,
but business people tend to be a bit more cautious and don't really
understand the many good reasons for deleting it.

One alternative you might offer them is to forward it to an account they can
read, and then manually deal with.  After browsing through several thousand
messages I'm sure they'll realize that dropping them is a *really* good
idea!

By the way, "feather" is what's on a bird - you mean "feature".

La'heetroat...

...Kevin
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator 155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk