MailScanner bypassing postfix always_bcc option

Matt Krause krausem at GMAIL.COM
Thu Aug 5 21:34:50 IST 2004

Thanks, that is what I thought.  Is that mentioned anywhere in the
README files?  I don't remember seeing anything like that, but if it's
not, it might be a good idea to stick that in.

Thanks for the quick response.

Matt

On Thu, 5 Aug 2004 09:17:43 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk> wrote:
> At 22:52 04/08/2004, you wrote:
> >Does anyone else have the issue of if MailScanner detects a mcp
> >message or spam, it bypasses the always_bcc option in Postfix and just
> >forwards it on to the account specified in MailScanner.conf if you so
> >chose to forward spam and mcp messages?
> >
> >Is MailScanner supposed to act like this?
>
> Yes. It only forwards the message to the addresses you told it to. It has
> no way of knowing where the recipients list came from, whether it was an
> original recipient in the message from when it was created or whether it
> was added by a later gateway.
>
> >   If so, I guess the only way
> >to get it to forward to both is to set multiple address in
> >MailScanner.conf under the spam and MCP sections?
>
> Correct.
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info