problem with install.sh on non-RPM system

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Mon Aug 2 12:17:34 IST 2004

<x-flowed>
At 12:03 02/08/2004, you wrote:
>On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:42:06 +0100, Julian Field
><mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:
>
> >At 21:50 01/08/2004, you wrote:
> >>I have a working MailScanner installation on a non-RPM-based Linux
> >>machine. I just attempted to upgrade to 4.32.5 using the install.sh
> >>script, but I ran into some problems.
> >
> >In which case use the non-RPM-based distribution of MailScanner.
>
>I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I downloaded
>
>http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/tar/MailScanner-install-4.32.5-1.tar.gz
>
>from the "Version 4.32.5-1 for Solaris / BSD / Other Linux / Other Unix"
>link.   Like I said, it had a perl-tar directory and lacked a perl-rpm
>directory, though the script was looking for the latter. What am I missing?

It probably spotted an RPM-based system, and so complained about trying to
install the non-RPM distro on an RPM system.

Go into install.sh and replace

--SNIP--
if [ -x /bin/rpmbuild ]; then
   RPMBUILD=/bin/rpmbuild
elif [ -x /usr/bin/rpmbuild ]; then
   RPMBUILD=/usr/bin/rpmbuild
elif [ -x /usr/local/bin/rpmbuild ]; then
   RPMBUILD=/usr/local/bin/rpmbuild
elif [ -x /bin/rpm ]; then
   RPMBUILD=/bin/rpm
elif [ -x /usr/bin/rpm ]; then