problem with install.sh on non-RPM system

Tim Heaney theaney at CABLESPEED.COM
Mon Aug 2 12:03:49 IST 2004

On Mon, 2 Aug 2004 08:42:06 +0100, Julian Field
<mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK> wrote:

>At 21:50 01/08/2004, you wrote:
>>I have a working MailScanner installation on a non-RPM-based Linux
>>machine. I just attempted to upgrade to 4.32.5 using the install.sh
>>script, but I ran into some problems.
>
>In which case use the non-RPM-based distribution of MailScanner.

I'm pretty sure that's what I did. I downloaded

http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/files/4/tar/MailScanner-install-4.32.5-1.tar.gz

from the "Version 4.32.5-1 for Solaris / BSD / Other Linux / Other Unix"
link.   Like I said, it had a perl-tar directory and lacked a perl-rpm
directory, though the script was looking for the latter. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Tim

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk