Question on the following

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Fri Apr 30 20:38:00 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:
> Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 25000000
> Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50000000
> Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30
> Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30

The above can be used to tune the performance of the server depending on
traffic and capacity. Everything will be processed no matter what though.

> Maximum Message Size = 1500000

This is to block large messages. The default is zero, no checking.

> I also see you can set the max size of an attachment to scan as well...

This is to block large attachments. Zero means no attachments allowed
and less than zero is no checking.

The latter two are part of the available methods for blocking messages
but the first is just meant to tune your server along with the number of
children.

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.45, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.4

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk