Question on the following

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Fri Apr 30 20:25:32 IST 2004

Hello everyone,

Just had a question on the following on Mailscanner.conf

# In every batch of virus-scanning, limit the maximum
# a) number of unscanned messages to deliver
# b) number of potentially infected messages to unpack and scan
# c) total size of unscanned messages to deliver
# d) total size of potentially infected messages to unpack and scan

Max Unscanned Bytes Per Scan = 25000000
Max Unsafe Bytes Per Scan = 50000000
Max Unscanned Messages Per Scan = 30
Max Unsafe Messages Per Scan = 30

I'm not completely understanding this part.
I'm assuming you set a limit on the size of the file to scan?

But then I see this:

Maximum Message Size = 1500000

Which tells me this is the max message size that MS will scan...so im
confused on the first part I copied into here...

I also see you can set the max size of an attachment to scan as well...
I'm assuming that whatever you put for this specifications is dependent
upon the hardware for the server?
Just trying to get my guidelines straight here...

I go live tonight....mixed of excitement and nervousness. :)

Thanks,

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk