Help with queue backup

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Fri Apr 30 15:46:03 IST 2004

Hi,
   First, I would figure out where the tsunami of email is coming
from, and why.  I would consider using the ConnectionRateThrottle
setting in sendmail (if you use sendmail) to control the inbound
email rate.  The IPBlock CustomConfig feature of MailScanner can
also throttle things in more drastic fashion too.  This assumes
that the tsunami comes from one or a few sources.

And, of course, tune MailScanner.  See MAQ 9:
http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/#optimize

You may need to add RAM to your system.

Jeff Earickson
Colby College