Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

Spicer, Kevin Kevin.Spicer at BMRB.CO.UK
Thu Apr 29 15:18:11 IST 2004

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy wrote:
> Ricardo;
>
> I was doing some testing yesterday and by sending PDFs to myself and
> could not duplicate the problem. I have Sign Clean Messages = yes. I
> think this has more to do with certain PDF files. I'll have to wait
> and see if someone complains again so I can test with a known bad
> file. It is a strange problem though.

I wonder if it is a particular MUA assigining an incorrect mime type to pdf attachments.  A quick google reveals these mime-types
application/pdf
application/x-pdf
application/acrobat
applications/vnd.pdf
text/pdf
text/x-pdf

If an MUA uses one of the last two then I think MS will sign it (IIRC it signs any text part).  I had to write a custom function to prevent it signing Outlook meeting requests (which are text/calendar or something like that).

BMRB International
http://www.bmrb.co.uk
+44 (0)20 8566 5000
business.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html