Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

Plant, Dean dean.plant at ROKE.CO.UK
Thu Apr 29 15:18:19 IST 2004

I suffered a very similar problem and traced it down (with the help of Julian) to our MS exchange 5.5 server which encoded some mails with pdf attachments in quoted printable format and some in base64. Any that were quoted printable were corrupted when the signature was added.

Do your mails originate from MS exchange?

Dean

-----Original Message-----
From: Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy [mailto:miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR]
Sent: 29 April 2004 15:11
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Problem With PDF Files - SOLVED

Ricardo;

I was doing some testing yesterday and by sending PDFs to myself and
could not duplicate the problem. I have Sign Clean Messages = yes. I
think this has more to do with certain PDF files. I'll have to wait and
see if someone complains again so I can test with a known bad file. It
is a strange problem though.

Miguel

--
Esta mensagem foi verificada pelo sistema de antivírus e
 acredita-se estar livre de perigo.

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk