Last few questions before I go live...

Peter Bonivart peter at UCGBOOK.COM
Wed Apr 28 23:57:23 IST 2004

Jason Williams wrote:
> I'd like to implement this. How hard/quickly can this be deployed? I'm
> rolling out my setup here on Friday night.
> Im guessing, it would not be a very good idea to roll it out while the
> server is in production ya? :)

Since it doesn't really integrate with MS but instead passively reads
the mail log you can mess with it during production. I just upgraded
from an older version with no interruption to MS.

If you're running Linux it's easy to get Apache and MRTG. Then there's
three Perl modules you can install from CPAN (or packages if you can
find them) if you don't have them. The only slightly tricky thing is the
GeoIP stuff, you need to download the correct two files and install them
manually.

If I remember correctly it's these two in this order:

GeoIP-1.3.2.tar.gz
Geo-IP-1.21.tar.gz

--
/Peter Bonivart

--Unix lovers do it in the Sun

Sun Fire V210, Solaris 9, Sendmail 8.12.10, MailScanner 4.29.7,
SpamAssassin 2.63 + DCC 1.2.39, ClamAV 0.70 + GMP 4.1.2, Vispan 1.3

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html