MRTG graphs resetting at 4am

Chris W. Parker cparker at SWATGEAR.COM
Wed Apr 28 18:21:44 IST 2004

Kevin Miller <mailto:Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US>
    on Wednesday, April 28, 2004 9:55 AM said:

> Check to see when your logs are being rotated.  I'd hazard a guess
> that mrtg is reading a new maillog (or whatever is appropriate) and
> starting over w/a clean slate so to speak.  Might be something else
> totally though but log dates are an easy thing to check...

ken anderson also suggested this and it is something that crossed my
mind as well... but i dismissed it since i didn't think mrtg was getting
it's info from there.

but now that i think about i'm pretty sure you guys are right on with
your assessment.

thanks!
chris.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html