Last few questions before I go live...

Jason Burzenski jburzenski at AMERICANHM.COM
Wed Apr 28 18:18:41 IST 2004

> - do most people here have emails sent to postmaster when MS
> receives a virus in a email?

I don't do any postmaster notifications but I do (as policy) quarantine
everything (including high scoring spam) in queue format so if there is a
false positive, I have a procedure for easily dumping the appropriate queue
files into my outbound queue.

> Lastly, I wanted to keep track of stats, that will include a
> variet of things. I want virus statistics as well as spam
> statistics to be included as well. Any recommendations on a
> setup for that?

http://mailscannermrtg.sourceforge.net/

Some would argue other packages are better but this is most likely the
simplest to install and gives a wealth of information.

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html