Last few questions before I go live...

Jason Williams jwilliams at COURTESYMORTGAGE.COM
Wed Apr 28 18:03:45 IST 2004

Hello everyone.

Im getting ready to go live here with my first mailscanner. I have a mix of
excitement and nervousness. :)

Just wanted to ask a few last questions, see if I can clear up a few things
as well as tweak my settings.

As far as viruses are concerned, anytime MS detects any viruses in email, I
just wanted to have MS completely delete it. No need in delivering at all.
I'm stil debating on the following and was hoping for some feedback:

- do most people here have emails sent to postmaster when MS receives a
virus in a email?

- do most people here want their users to receive a email when a intended
email for them contained a virus?

I know for the first couple of days, weeks for that matter, it will be time
to monitor, tune and tweak the system. But im hoping to not run into any
significant problems if possible.

Currently, i've been sending emails through the MS server, both a
combination of viruses (eicar) as well as test spam (GTUBE). It is working
well, as far as I can see. But im looking to try and 'blast' the server
with quite a few emails at once, to see how the server reacts. Anyone have
a recommendation for that?

Lastly, I wanted to keep track of stats, that will include a variet of
things. I want virus statistics as well as spam statistics to be included
as well. Any recommendations on a setup for that?

I appreciate the help. I look forward to rolling out my server.

Thanks!

Jason

To leave, send    leave mailscanner    to jiscmail at jiscmail.ac.uk
For further info about MailScanner, please see the Most Asked
Questions at    http://www.mailscanner.biz/maq/     and the archives
at    http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/mailscanner.html